President William Ruto has vowed that those behind the killing of gospel artiste Rachel Wandeto will be brought to justice, even as investigations into the incident continue.
Speaking on Thursday during the issuance of title deeds to beneficiaries from Mombasa, Kwale, Kilifi and Taita Taveta counties at Mama Ngina Drive, Mombasa County, the President condemned the killing and warned against ethnic profiling and political intolerance.

“The life of Rachel Wandeto will not go unanswered. Those responsible will face the law. We will not allow ethnic profiling in this country,” said President Ruto.
The Head of State said security agencies had been directed to expedite investigations and ensure all perpetrators are arrested and prosecuted.
Rachel Wandeto died while receiving treatment at Kenyatta National Hospital after she was attacked in Nairobi’s Mwiki area, Kasarani, in an incident that has sparked public outrage and renewed concern over rising cases of violent crime linked to political tensions.
According to police reports, Wandeto sustained severe injuries during the attack and was rushed to hospital in critical condition before later succumbing to her injuries.

The Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) has taken over the probe and is pursuing leads to establish the motive and identify those involved.
Interior Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen, who had earlier visited the victim in hospital, condemned the incident, terming it disturbing and unacceptable.
“No one should lose their life because of their political beliefs or associations,” said Murkomen, adding that the government would ensure justice is served.
The incident has triggered debate across the country, with leaders calling for calm and urging Kenyans to reject violence and divisive politics as investigations continue.

