Close Menu
Channel 15 NewsChannel 15 News
    What's Hot

    MPs Call for Arrest of Former Kaiti CDF Boss Over Alleged KSh 100 Million Theft

    November 27, 2025

    Chaos in Malava: Wamalwa’s Vehicle Torched, Natembeya Reportedly Seized, DAP-K Candidate Panyako Arrested

    November 27, 2025

    Musili Kauta Calls Out Kitui Youth and Sports Minister Phoebe Ndunyu Mutemi Over Lack of Tangible Progress

    November 25, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) YouTube
    Channel 15 NewsChannel 15 News
    • Home
    • Latest
    • News
    • Politics
    • Kenya
    • Entertainment
    Channel 15 NewsChannel 15 News
    Home»Kenya»British Ex-Soldier Denies Killing Kenyan Woman Agnes Wanjiru Despite Damning Confessions From Fellow Troops
    Kenya

    British Ex-Soldier Denies Killing Kenyan Woman Agnes Wanjiru Despite Damning Confessions From Fellow Troops

    Erastus MaleveBy Erastus MaleveNovember 22, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read86 Views
    WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email Reddit Telegram
    Share
    WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Telegram

    A former British soldier at the centre of the decade-long mystery surrounding the brutal killing of Kenyan woman Agnes Wanjiru has broken his silence, denying any role in her death even as disturbing accounts from his former colleagues continue to pile pressure on him.

    Speaking exclusively to the Daily Mail from a remand prison in the United Kingdom, where he is being held ahead of an extradition hearing, the ex-soldier insisted that he “did not kill Agnes Wanjiru” and claimed he “does not believe” he ever met her on the night she disappeared in Nanyuki. He told the publication that he only learned of the murder while on a military training exercise in Canada and that the allegations shocked him just as much as the public. He further argued that had he stabbed Wanjiru, as prosecutors now allege, his clothes would have been soaked in blood — something he says never happened.

    His denial, however, stands in stark contrast to explosive testimonies from several of his fellow soldiers, some of whom claim he privately confessed to the killing shortly after Wanjiru went missing in 2012. One soldier is said to have recalled a tearful admission outside the Lions Court Hotel, where Wanjiru was last seen alive. Others told investigators that the soldier went as far as pointing out the septic tank behind the hotel — the same tank where her decomposing body was discovered months later with a stab wound and signs she may have been alive when she was dumped.

    The case has been marred by years of controversy, accusations of a military cover-up, and diplomatic strain between Nairobi and London. In 2019, a Kenyan inquest concluded that Wanjiru was unlawfully killed and recommended that the prime suspect — now the man speaking from remand — be charged. A Kenyan court later issued an arrest warrant, prompting UK authorities to detain him after an extensive legal back-and-forth.

    Even as he maintains his innocence, his troubled life after leaving the army has drawn renewed scrutiny. Reports emerging from the UK show a man who spiralled into heavy drug addiction and petty crime. Last year, he pleaded guilty to 13 counts of stealing from supermarkets, and earlier this year he was arrested again over 21 shoplifting offences, painting a picture of deep personal decline. Critics argue that while this does not prove guilt, it weakens the credibility of his denials and raises questions about his stability at the time Wanjiru was killed.

    For more than a decade, Wanjiru’s family has waited for justice, her daughter growing up without a mother and her relatives enduring painful delays each time the case resurfaced. Kenyan officials have repeatedly demanded that the suspects be brought to face trial in Nanyuki, while UK courts weigh the soldier’s refusal to consent to extradition and his defence team’s attempts to block his transfer.

    As the legal battle drags on, the conflicting narratives — a soldier insisting he is being wrongfully accused, and comrades recalling confessions made in fear and guilt — continue to collide. What remains clear is that a young Kenyan woman died violently, her body discarded in a septic tank, and more than ten years later, the truth about her final moments and who was responsible is still trapped between two countries, two legal systems, and two very different stories.

    British Ex-Soldier kenya State
    Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email Telegram
    Erastus Maleve
    • Website
    • Facebook
    • X (Twitter)
    • Instagram

    Erastus Maleve is a Daystar University graduate with a BA in Electronic Media. He began his career as a newsreader at Ghetto Radio 89.5 before serving as a producer and radio host at Radio Thome 88.1 FM in Kitui for four years. Erastus further honed his skills with an attachment at BBC East Africa Correspondence. He is the founder of Channel 15 News, where he leads news coverage, social media management, and digital marketing. Well-versed in event organizing, Erastus combines his media expertise with a keen understanding of social media dynamics to shape local and national narratives.

    Related Posts

    “I Had Diarrhoea!” — Matatu Driver Fined KSh 70,000 After Fleeing Traffic Police on Valley Road

    November 25, 2025

    Kitui Father Sentenced to 20 Years for Defiling His Daughter as Kenya Marks 16 Days of Activism Against GBV

    November 25, 2025

    Kalonzo Musyoka Vows to Shield Raila Odinga’s Legacy During Siaya Tour

    November 22, 2025

    Revelers Stunned After Roman Catholic Priest Fr. Michael Watenga Showed Up at Club Timber XO Dressed in Church Attire

    November 22, 2025
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Editors Picks
    Latest Posts
    Channel 15 News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
    © 2025 Channel 15 News. Designed by Dottedbits .

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.